Last Modified: September 29, 2023.
By using the Site, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Site.
Information on the Site was believed to be accurate at the time it was posted, however there may be inadvertent and occasional errors and it may not be complete or current. The Foundation reserves the right to change any content and correct errors or omissions contained on the Site at any time without notice.
License and Site Access
The Foundation grants you a limited license to make use of the Site and its contents for your personal purposes (if you are an individual) or your internal purposes (if you are an organization). You may view, download, print, and copy web pages and content from the Site for these permitted purposes but may not otherwise copy, modify, or use the Site or its contents. You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
Any unauthorized use of the Site will terminate the license granted by these Terms and may violate applicable law including copyright laws and trademark laws.
Acceptable Use Policy
By using the Site, you make the following commitments: (a) all information that you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you are responsible for any rights clearances needed for the content you submit; (c) you will not submit advertising or commercial solicitations without our permission; (d) you will not submit content or conduct activity that is unlawful, defamatory, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, violent, false, or misleading; (e) you will not infringe another’s privacy rights; (f) you will not infringe another’s patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual rights; (g) you will not impersonate anyone or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone; and (h) you will not upload viruses or malicious software.
Third Party Social Networks
Security of Communications
We provide opportunities on the Site for you to send us an email, however, we discourage you from sending us sensitive or confidential information by email because this is neither a secure nor a confidential method of communication. If you send us an email via the Site, we may respond to you by email as well and you agree that we will not be liable for the loss, interception, misuse or alteration of any information sent by email.
If you access the Site using a mobile device (e.g., a mobile phone or tablet), you might incur internet access and mobile data service fees from your service provider – such fees are your responsibility, not ours.
Intellectual Property; Restrictions
The copyright, trademarks, logos, trade names, and other intellectual property in the Site, including the Foundation logo, and the Site’s contents are the property of the Foundation or third parties. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, your use of the Site does not grant you any right to use the Foundation’s or any third party’s copyright, trademarks, logos (including the Foundation logo), trade names or other intellectual property, all of which remain the property of their respective owner.
You will not: (a) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods to access the Site; (b) frame any logo (including the Foundation logo), trademark, pages or content found at the Site without our express written consent; (c) reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, or attempt to discover the source code of the Site; or (d) willfully probe, tamper with or breach the security of the Site.
In some cases, you might access a third-party website from a link on the Site. Links to those other websites are for your convenience only. Your use of that other website will be governed by the other websites’ terms and privacy policies; we assume no liability regarding your use of other websites.
The Site including all contents on it is provided “as is,” “with all faults” and “as available”, without warranties or conditions of any kind. The Foundation makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the contents on the Site. The Foundation assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on the Site. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, or representations that may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Foundation will not be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or aggravated damages or losses, or any other damages or losses of whatsoever kind, resulting from your use of, or inability to use, the Site, or any content, virus or harmful component you may download from the Site.
The Foundation reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate access to and use of the Site and any user registration, and to block or prevent future access to and use of the Site.
- We have the right to change these Terms. If we do so, we will post revised Terms and the date of the revision. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms.
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law rules that would apply a different body of law. The parties irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the City of Toronto, Ontario in all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise available. However, nothing herein precludes either of us from applying for injunctive remedies or other urgent legal relief in any jurisdiction.
- You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms. We may assign and transfer all our rights and obligations under these Terms without restriction.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any provision of these Terms, that will not operate as a waiver.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and its contents and supersede any prior agreement.
- No modification or waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective unless in writing.